Men of the Nigeria Police force Ondo state command have arrested the parents of late Miss Testimony Toke Babalola, the four years old girl who was allegedly beaten to death by them four days ago in Akure.

It was gathered that they were arrested this Saturday’s morning following the investigation conducted by the leadership of the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists, Ondo state chapter

More facts were revealed to newsmen on Friday from the mysterious and untimely death of the four year-old girl, who was allegedly tortured to death by her parents in Akure three days ago.

An Akure based online news magazine SUNSHINETRUTH had on Thursday broke the news about the beating of the girl to death by her parents and how she died at the Ondo state University Teaching Hospital, Akure Annex after her mother rushed her to the hospital dead.

It was gathered that the woman, beat the daughter to the point of coma and later rushed her to the Ondo State University Teaching Hospital, Akure.

The little girl was said to have died before reaching the hospital.

A nurse in the hospital, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, explained that the woman brought the girl to the children’s department of the hospital on Wednesday night.

She said, “The woman brought the girl to the children’s emergency ward of the hospital for treatment. As we are trying to attend to her, we noticed that she must have beaten the little girl to death.

“If you see the body of the girl, there were marks all over her body, which shows that it was a case of child abuse.
By the time the doctor on duty could rush and attend to her, it was discovered that she brought the girl to the hospital dead.

“The doctor had to quickly tell the woman that the child she brought to the hospital was dead already. Before you know it, the woman grabbed the girl and ran out of the hospital.”

“All efforts to stop her was not successful as we did not know how she just managed to escape from the hospital, so the matter had to be reported to the police.”

When contacted, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph confirmed the incident and said investigation had already begun into the matter.

He, however, noted that there was no proper record of the case registered at the hospital, declaring that efforts were ongoing to track the woman.

“We have already sent in some officers to go and investigate the case to know what actually went wrong,” the PPRO said.

Also, confirming the incident, the Administrative Secretary of the hospital, Mr. Dayo Owoseni disclosed that, “I only heard about the incident this (Thursday) morning and we have called on the doctor on duty to come over and explained what happened to us.”

The leadership of the Nigeria Association of Women Journalists, NAWOJ, Ondo State, led by its Chairperson, Mrs. Doris Olumoko visited the church of the girl’s mother, where they were given the full information about what transpired.

Investigation revealed that Late Testimony had been going through beating and torture by her parents in a bid to purportedly cast out evil spirit from her.

According to the Parish Priest of Mary Queen of Angels Catholic church Akure, Reverend Father Mathew Ologun, he got to know about the ill-treatment meted out to the child on June second through the church children’s caregiver, who noticed so many scars all over her body.

The Rev. Father explained further that the father of the girl, Mr. Felix Babalola, who attends one white garment church, along Adesida road (opposite NAO supermarket) in Akure claimed that the girl was possessed with evil spirit and that all the marks in her body were as a result of church deliverance style.

However, unknown to the church the beating and torture of late Testimony continued until she was rushed to the hospital dead.

In a telephone interview, the father of late Testimony said his church (Cherubim and Seraphim) told him that his daughter is possessed and needs deliverance, hence the constant beating.

Aside from the bruises she sustained from deliverance process, the father was said to have also claimed that the girl was over-pampered by her grandmother who she had been residing with in Ikare since age 9months before she was taken back to Akure recently.

The head of the children department of the Mary Queen of Angels Catholic church Akure who doesn’t want her name mentioned explained that she observed the girl predicament in June during the church Children’s day anniversary.

According to her, she confronted the mother to know how the girl acquired so many marks in her body, and the woman said it was due to punishment she used to get from her father for being stubborn.

The mother was said to have claimed that the father used to enforce punishment on the girl whenever she failed to kneel down and greet him, saying they were trying to teach her moral lessons which she didn’t get in her grandma’s place.

The effort of the Rev. Father who had been monitoring the movement of the father of the girl since Friday morning on phone in order to hand in over to the police proved abortive as he absconded around 5pm after being trailed to Benin garage in Akure

Views 174 total views

Sharing is caring!


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here