His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Bauchi State, Senator Bala Abdulkadir Mohammed, Kauran Bauchi today presided over the inauguration of 11 members of the Board of Bureau for Privatization and Economic Reform for Bauchi State.
During the ceremony held at the Council Chamber, Government House Bauchi, the governor announced his Deputy, His Excellency, Senator Baba Tela as Chairman of the Council.
Governor Bala said the bureau was set up to transfer management of all enterprise to bureau in the first instance and to remove the interference in the management of the state enterprises from the line ministries to ensure transparency , corporate governance and avoidance of conflict of interest.
He added that Bauchi State required active engagement of private sector to partner with government in order to deploy their financial, technical and managerial ability to resuscitate it’s ailing companies.
He congratulated Board members of the bureau and urged them to justify the confidence reposed in them.
Responding, Senator Baba Tela assured the governor, that the council will deliver on mandate given due to the importance of privatisation in ensuring competition and performance.
Members of the Board are :
- His Excellency, the Deputy Governor, Senator Baba Tela as chairman
- Secretary to the State Government, Mohammed Sabiu Baba as Deputy
- Honorable Commissioner for Budget and Economic Planning : Member
- Honorable Commissioner of Justice : Member
- Honorable Commissioner of Finance and Economic Development : Member
- Honorable Commissioner of Commerce and Industry : Member
- Honorable Commissioner of Lands and Survey : Member
- Professor S.S. Shikiyil(SAN) Member
- Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress: Member
10 . Chairman, Chambers of Commerce: Member
- Director General of the Bureau as Member/