The attention of the Governing Council of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo has been drawn to several orchestrated lies flying round the social media space promoted by Mr Ijawoye, the self -acclaimed Chairman of ASUP in the institution.
In a release by S. O. Ojo, the Director of Public Relations of Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, stated that the falsehood being spread on social media is aim at discrediting the Governing Council and the Polytechnic management is deliberately orchestrated to promote certain elements eyeing the seats of Principal officers of the Polytechnic in the ongoing recruitment exercise and the negative emotion attached to it enjoys the support of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to sabotage the good visions of the ondo state government.
Mr. Ojo said this false claims ought to have been neglected but considering the image of the institution as well as the good people of Ondo State, it is desirable and plausible to present the realities on ground for public consumption. “Most of the comments and pictures painted about RUGIPO on the social media are unfounded and baseless. The Chairman Of Council Barrister Banji Alabi was already quite comfortable, very successful and rich before venturing into politics. He is a man endowed with a passion to make RUGIPO a silicon valley”. He said.
The management of Rufus Giwa Politechnic believe it is important to notify the general public with the under listed facts.
1. It is an open secret that the activities of ASUP in the Polytechnic has been suspended for a while and it is an act of illegality for ljawoye to parade himself as Chairman of the Association.
2. Not a dime belonging to the Polytechnic has been illegally deposited into the Governing Council Chairman’s account or any of the Council member’s account. It would be nice if Mr Ijawoye can back his claims with relevant documents indicating such transactions. He who alleged must have onus of proof.
3. That buying official cars for Council Chairman and principal officers are statutory and in this instance the Polytechnic did not buy brand new cars but fairly used cars and were bought as appropriated in the Polytechnic’s budget.
4. The allegation of misappropriation of money as alleged by Mr Ijawoye is not only laughable as it remains a figment of imagination from a drowning man.
5. That the Polytechnic Management remains committed to promote the welfare of its workers at all times. The management would do everything possible to ensure that this spirit is sustained.
6. That Government is not unaware that this latest attempt to discredit the Governing Council and the Polytechnic management is deliberately orchestrated to promote certain elements eyeing the seats of Principal officers of the Polytechnic in the ongoing recruitment exercise and the negative emotion attached to it enjoys the support of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to sabotage the good visions of the ondo state government.
7. The Governing Council made the vacant position of the rector open to all interested applicants and the present Acting Rector, Mr Gani Ogundahunsi is as well eminently qualified to apply for the position of the substantive Rector of the institution.
8. That Mr Ijawoye should rather save his energy by approaching the various anti graft agencies rather than his nauseating rantings on social media since he claims to be in possession of various incriminating documents.
I like to reiterate the support of Barrister Banji Alabi , and that of the entire team on Council for Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu and to also promote the interest for the larger Owo kingdom and that of Ondo State in general.
The desire of the council is borneout of its genuine love embedded in truth and services to humanity as the bed-rock of life. They believe in what is good for the system and that is what they are working hard to achieve.
S. O. Ojo,
Director of Public Relations & Protocol, RUGIPO