Attention of the NLC in Ogun State, has been drawn to the Public Threat issued to Organised Labour led by Comrade Ayuba Wabba, on National Protest scheduled to hold next week Tuesday 5th March in Ogun State, a desperate move by a Government whose lies and propangada has been exposed.The sudden vituperations by Senator Amosun betray his inability to handle Industrial/Labour Relations maturely, in line with Global best Practices. Organized Labour wish to state that the “Empty Threats” and denial of evident Diversion of Bail Out funds by Fed Govt and Paris Funds Refund, which was meant for payment of backlog of unpaid deductions like Cooperative, Shilling Dund, Ileya and Xmas Savings of Ogun Workers running into billions of Naira
2) Refusal to pay Salaries and Allowances of TASCE Omu Workers and Illegal Proscription of Trade Unions in Omu
3) Fraudulent diversion of Ogun Workers Contributory Pension Deductions running into 105 months, the highest in Nigeria.
4) Reduction of Retirees Gratuity against Pension Laws, Unpaid Gratuities to Public Servants in Ogun State
5) Threats to life of Labour Leaders, suspension and dismissal of Labour Leaders without following due process in order to cow and cripple Labour Unions to enable continuation of these Anti Labour policies, cannot be seen by any reasonable mind as just or Godly or tagged political move by Labour against Government
6) Organized Labour therefore wish to counsel Ogun State Government that instead of resorting to blackmail, intimidation and brigandary to oppress workers, it will be more honourable to adopt a mature approach of dialogue with Labour before Tuesday 5th March to resolve these issues as no man has a monopoly of Power and Wisdom most especially when this immunity covered position will expire within three months .
7/ Ogun State indigenes do not want to be tagged as citizens of a State notorious for disparaging, insulting Elders, National and Global Leaders but mature, civilized and intelligently led people.
6) We wish to notify All Security Agencies to be more vigilant and provide security cover for all Labour Leaders to prevent their Assassination before, during and after the “Mother of All Protests” coming up next week Tuesday
7) Finally Ogun NLC wish to state that since Governor Amosun was already aware of the postponement of the Peaceful Rally to Tuesday 5th March his Macho man interview today is unnecessary.
Conclusively we reiterate that the Protest will go as planned on Tuesday and call on All Courageous Ogun State Workers, Retirees, Veterans and Labour Leaders to come out en-mass to join all Labour Leaders to condemn and force Ogun State Government to change these Anti Labour Policies and Programmes… Let’s show that No Government Will Succeed in Crippling Labour …
No Retreat! No Surrender!! signed Comrade Ambali Ogun NLC Chairman